MEET THE LOCALS!
8 Q’s & A’s for South Florida
“MEET THE LOCALS” introduces us to the local, dedicated & inspiring people out there working in some capacity for our planet.
We ask each interviewee 8 questions. The first 5 we questions we ask all interviewee’s, and then we pose an additional three question’s that they chose from a list we provide. In FEBUARY 2014 its Gabriele Marewski.
Gabriele Marewski, is the former owner of the acclaimed Paradise Farms, an organic farm in Homestead that also incorporates some biodynamic principles into their practices. She is pictured here on the left with her friend Hani Khouri.
1) What is your website/project or is there one you would like to recommend?
2) What environmental policies would you like to see Florida adapt tomorrow?
Promoting organic: it would cut down on pollution and certainly make our land and people healthier.
3) What green policy have you seen adapted in a place outside of Florida that you liked?
Countries that have banned plastic bags!
4) Favorite beach or outdoor spot in Florida?
Blowing Rocks on Jupiter Island.
5) Please finish the following sentence “I Love the Ocean because_____”
…it is so healing and relaxing. I love soaking in the ocean early evening to watch natures’ performance art: sun setting and moon rising.
6) Biggest change you have made in your life to lessen your carbon footprint?
Becoming vegetarian over 40 years ago! Meat production is the single biggest cause of pollution on our planet!
7) Book or Film you like to recommend OR What are you reading now?
Recent movies: Blackfish, The Way.
Books: I read everything I can find by people who are walking or bicycling long distances.
8) Favorite way to reuse something? (i.e like a glass jar to use as Tupperware or give gifts in like candies or homemade vinaigrette etc, cereal box as a mailer, etc)
Composting: food scraps, weeds, etc. come back as great soil for planting.